Many organisations have different grades of membership. Often upgrading or joining at a higher level of membership involves the need to provide a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate qualifications, skills and experience. This could be for Chartership status, Associate or even Overseas membership for which applications are more than likely to be reviewed by some form of Board before being approved, deferred or rejected.
Premier IT’s PReP e-Portfolio system has an Online Chartership Application module incorporating specific workflows to cater for application processes. The Online Chartership Application module is set up with the following workflow but can be easily configured to accommodate changes in this process based on the specific needs of your organisation:
- Become a member – potential Applicants can register online with the portfolio. Administrators can then process the initial application and issue log on details to access the system.
- Register for Chartership – Applicants can complete their registration online for submission to Administrators.
- Find a Mentor – Applicants can source a Mentor from a pre-populated selection or Administrators can assign one on their behalf. Administrators can add, amend and delete Mentors from the system.
- Submit proof – Applicants can submit proof of qualifications/PDPs/Mentoring Agreements to Administrators. Administrators can authenticate evidence and accept/reject submitted proof.
- Assemble portfolio for submission – Applicants can build their portfolio of evidence which can be mapped to predefined learning outcomes if required.
- Submission of portfolio – Applicants can submit their portfolio to their Mentor(s) for review. This can include electronic payment if required. The Mentor(s) can review, provide feedback and submit the portfolio for the full ‘Assessment process’.
- Assignment of Panel Members – Once checked Administrators can assign the relevant number of Panel Members to the submission. Administrators can add, amend and delete Panel Members and assign them access.
- Decision One – Panel Members can request further information from Applicants and provide feedback on the application to Administrators who provide feedback to Applicants. Letters can be generated from the system to send to Applicants. If the application is ‘failed’ by the Panel Members it can be assigned to further Panel Members for review.
- Decision Two – The second set of Panel Members can conduct the same activities as the first set with the option of them not knowing that they are the second set to review the application.
- All Panel Members decision – when required the Applicants portfolio can be submitted to all Panel Members for final review and decision.
The deployment of the Online Chartership Application module will provide a holistic view and flexible platform to automate all aspects of your Chartership process, allowing any membership application to be managed in a feature rich environment. It is scaled to accommodate additional functionality at a later date for qualifications including certification, fellowship and revalidation. The module also provides a comprehensive suite of management and reporting tools to enable you to effectively manage and administer the entire programme.
Find out more about the PReP system.
Would you like to learn more?